No longer able to fight the recurring break-up rumors that have plagued them for months, Kimora Lee Simmons has announced that she and (kind of) husband, African heartthrob Djimon Hounsou, have called it quits, reports The Daily Mail.com.
This summer, even her ex-husband, Russell Simmons, jumped in to deny any troubles with the couple after speculation escalated; the business mogul claimed he had to “set the record straight”:
From Global Grind:
1. Kimora and Djimon are fine.
2. Kimora and Djimon are both doing extremely well in their respective endeavors and businesses and don’t need to fight over or waste energy on money issues.
3. I damn sure don’t pay nor have I ever paid alimony (Kimora does just fine). In no way do I support their lifestyle, so please don’t say they are fighting over MY money.
4. Yes she’s selling a house, but she hasn’t lived in it for several years since she built the house they currently reside in.
5. As for friction between us? There is none. I feel like I’m part of their family. Djimon and Kenzo are like my blood and Kimora is my best friend. We are partners in various businesses and in the really important business of raising our beautiful children.
As it turns out, that wasn’t an accurate assessment.
According to a spokesperson for the couple, they have not only been split for months, they never legalized their West African marriage in the United States.
“Djimon Hounsou and Kimora Lee Simmons have officially separated after 5½ years,” the actor’s rep tells PEOPLE exclusively. “Though never married, they have one child together, Kenzo Lee Hounsou, who is 3½ years old.”
Sundanese-Egyptian author, Kola Boof, who claims to have been the mistress of Osama bin Laden, claimed when the rumors first started that she was the reason for the split in an attempt to get revenge on Kimora for an incident in their past:
“I have slept with Djimon Hounsou throughout his marriage to Kimora Lee Simmons,” Boof told NY Daily News. “I don’t think it’s a secret to people in Los Angeles.”
“I am not in love with Djimon Hounsou & he is not in love with me,” she wrote. “The only reason I had sex with him was to get revenge on Kimora.”
Boof wrote that her beef with Simmons stems from something that happened while she was being treated for “brain cancer” at the Loma Linda Cancer Center in 2008.
“Kimora nearly destroyed my life and my children’s lives,” the author claimed. “She is a lecherous, two-faced, money-obsessed witch and a delusional snob.”
Boof declined to reveal exactly what Simmons allegedly did to spark her fury.”
“It’s just too much,” she wrote.
Boof had kinder words for Hounsou, who hails from Benin, West Africa. “Djimon is a great human being. He’s just lost in a culture he doesn’t understand,” she wrote.
[The affair began] because I had just lost my husband. We were lonely and intended to have sex only once, but then we had chemistry and became addicted.”
Boof also indicated, however, that she’d kicked her Hounsou habit.
“Now that they are ‘separated’ (and trying to hide that fact), I have no interest in sleeping with him further.”
When the news broke today, Boof was not shy about reminding people that she exposed the truth long ago and has nothing further to say:
Though Hounson has not issued a statement, Kimora also addressed the break-up news via Twitter:
There have been quite a few hurtful rumors circulating. The truth is Djimon+I have been separated for some time. We have remained happy, loving, co-parenting friends+family. We all have much to be thankful for. #HappyThanksgiving
They seemed like such a happy couple. This just proves that one never knows what’s going on behind closed doors.
read more @newsone.com